Monday, March 9, 2009

Kabataan ayaw sa Droga



WHAT: Drug Prevention Seminar and Feeding Program
WHERE: Brgy. Malvar, Santiago CityWHEN: March 07, 2009
ORGANIZER: Section C1
TIME STARTED: 8:30 am
TIME ENDED: 4:30 pm
ELAPSED TIME: 8 hours



Santiago City, one of the centers of commercialization here in Isabela, It is a highly established community… a progressive City…BUT it is now the Top Two drug user place entire the Philippines… I ask my self… “What a problem?” I remember the words that came from our national hero “Kabataan ang Pag-asa ng Bayan” I asked my self again, “How it would happen if we are not following the right path?”


A thanks to our school AMA Computer College as it acts to lessen the youth who are engage with the influence of Drug addiction.
March 07, 2009, at exactly 7:00 in the morning I am already at the school premises. I wait to my classmates and to my co-AMAers. At that time my hearing capabilities became widen I heard the feeling of unconsciousness from the organizers of the Program…and while I am standing near the stairs I see my co-AMAers so busy…



Then Our Instructor Came he distributed the attendance sheets… I signed the paper to ensure that I am present… while I am signing up the attendance I saw the others running because they are running out of time…I am really ready at that Time, I submitted my waiver and at exactly 7:30 am our Instructor closed the attendance.


They say our Instructor is so boastful… but in my own Interpretation he has the right to close the attendance because it was mandated that 7:30 is the closing of attendance… he is not boastful but I think he is just strict… he strict because Time is gold.

After sometimes… we go to the right wings to hear the Instructions from our Instructor… I listen very well so that I would do the right thing in that activity. I listened to know my responsibilities. All was detailed clearly, no doubts and no questions in my mind.

While we are walking the others are carrying the materials needed for the seminar. I saw youth who are smoking and holding a pack of cigarette. Then I ask my self “is this really the passion of the youth today?” on the other hand I saw those children running on the street, then I took my self “they are the next, what will their pathway if their Ate and Kuya’s are missing their own way, who will be the leader to lead them?”


Then at exactly 8:15 am we arrived at our beneficiary community Brgy Malvar, Santiago City… all are busy at that time no one is standing. We arranged the chairs, they set the sounds, they projector is settled, the others put some decorations. Everyone has the sense of responsibility, there is no need to pin point a name to do a certain task.


After Stage preparation we wait for the Guest speaker, 9:30 in the morning a white vehicle with touches of blue and red arrive and as a respect everyone stand for the respect of our Guest speaker. But then the person that we are waiting for is not yet around…


The Philippine National Police of Santiago City entertained us. They ask us one by one, when it turns to me the Policeman Ask me “are you engage to the Influence of Drugs” then I replied “Absolutely No Sir, Even Drinking Hard Drinks and Smoking Cigarette”. Then they fell so bored so they requested to one song from the group, so that Cathleen Glo R. Madyag rendered Song.
Around 10:00 the Guest Speaker arrived… The Program is handled by Kuyah Medict from Section C1. The Speaker is Police Chief Inspector Pilarito Mallillin. He started the discussion by giving his apology because he did not come early. We understand that because he came all the way from Cauyan City for an Important Matter. Then he discussed about the theme which is “UNITY: the key to prevent Drug addiction in our community” According to him if there is no Unity there is no strength. And we need strength to fight against the Drug Addiction…
He discussed to us what are the Republic Act has the field for this.


While the Seminar is on going a Seminar attendance is moving, I signed to it as a part that we are really against to the Influence of the Prohibitted drugs

He discussed who are persons disobeyed law, the offences, the fines, and length of time in the jail. He discussed the kinds of Drugs and their effects… and he discussed also how to trace persons who are influenced by the Prohibited Drug.

One of the best part of his discussion is the Story telling part which really happened here in Santiago City. I learned the Difference between CHALK POINT and CHECK POINT.

He finished his discussion at exactly 3:30… Immediately we go to the Second Part of the Activity which is Feeding Program.

It is so happy to see the street children having smile in their faces. I am also glad that the Children that I hold last time came to me again and saying “Hello Kuya, nandito nanaman kami” then I said to my self “wow naalala pa niya talaga ako, napakasarap ng feeling” I assisted her for feeding… I gave her a heavy miryenda that we prepared which is LUGAW , Sandwich and a Juice.

We have finished the Activity successfully, and we gained new knowledge and to be treasured experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment