Saturday, March 21, 2009



WHAT: Feeding Program
WHERE: Brgy. Malvar, Santiago City
WHEN: March 14, 2009
ORGANIZER: Section O1
TIME STARTED: 07:30 am
TIME ENDED: 12:30 pm
ELAPSED TIME: 5 hours

I’m running out of time, there are a lot of things that I am doing and I could not decide where I will go. But after sometimes, I realized that I really need to go with the NSTP activity. Then I prepared my things and I left our house.

I arrived on the school and I saw my co-AMAers they are so busy and the organizers are seems nervous. They I said this thing on my mind “oh my God what is this… ang Hirap naman ng ganito… galit nanaman ata si Sir Ebi”

I could not denied on my mind that I am afraid to Mr. Ebi so that I am careful of I am doing. I signed up the attendance sheet and after that we go to the Left wing to have the Orientation. All of us are quit at time; we listened to the Instructions of Mr. Ebi and we submit out waivers.

While we are walking I remembered again those things happen during the first feeding Program. And I tell on my self “Sana Maulit muli”. Then I saw again the place where the first Feeding Program and I tell on my self “I may be small but I can do great things”

It was already 8:30 am when we arrived at the place, we hurriedly prepared the things. We arranged the chairs the sounds and other electric materials are check and settled. We also helped the Organizers to call children’s. Many of us make a house to house in calling of children. And it’s funny when we are shouting using the Gay lingo “Mga kyota magjoin na kayo ditis at maglafang na!” (Mga bata sumama na kayo ditto at tayo’y kakain na).

It’s really not easy to assist children. You could not shout them just to discipline them; we kept on telling “Mga ading upon na kayo magsisimula na ‘yung program. Kakain na tayo mamaya”

I feel the some hurt when I saw my alaga since the first Feeding Program; her dress is comparable into a rug. There are traces of physical abuse. I saw also on her eyes that she really needs some care…

I don’t mind anything I came to her then I tell her “hello ading, nandito nanaman kami” then she replied with smile on her face “hello din po kuya, nandito ulit kami”

Then the program formally started, Kuya Jhay-ar of the Section O1 hold the program, It’s also funny because even if he is already 21 years old he hold the program very alive.

Hep hep-hurray a eyes breaker and parlor game test the alertness of the children. At that time all of them have the smile in every faces. Every winner has a cash prize. They enjoyed the parlor games.

At exactly 10:30 am we distributed the foods. The food at that time is a black lugaw so called champorado, sandwich and Orange juice as a beverage. I sit beside my alaga. I asked her “Masarap ba ‘yung pagkain ading?”Then she replied again “opo kuya”. While she is eating I’d like to ask why she has a lot of scares on her body but then I let this left on my mind. She is really hungry and she really likes the food and because of that I gave her a take-out food.

As a farewell message to my alaga “Ading Si kuya Eric ay malapit nang mag-graduate sa NSTP kaya baka hindi na kayo mag-kita, magpakabait ka ha… and keep on dreaming, aim high and sore high”

No comments:

Post a Comment