Thursday, March 5, 2009

NSTP2 students against Malnutrition...

BSIT, BSCS, BSCOE, Computer Programming, PC Operation and Practical Nursing Merge together, to conduct a Feeding Program and Health Care Seminar for 6-10 years old children at Brgy. Malvar, Santiago City. The purpose of the said activity is prevent Malnutrition and to teach the proper hygiene to every child Brgy. Malvar.

February 21, 2009, 07:00 in the morning the NSTP2 students are preparing themselves to the Feeding and Health Care Seminar while Mr. Romy G. Ebi is checking our Attendance and securing Waivers.

Exactly 07:30 am Mr. Ebi Closed the attendance. He instructs us what to do, what are the things to be accomplished and what are responsibilities.

After a while we walk going to Brgy. Malvar… while walking there are things that comes in my mind “why we chose Brgy. Malvar as our beneficiary since it is a part of a city?” I saw the place, there are a lot of Commercial establishments, the road the cemented, there is a lot of vehicle, and it is a very busy and progressive community.

For the second time I ask again my self “is this the right place to share our Time, Talent, and Treasure?”

Then I saw a group of children walking going to the community center of Brgy. Malvar. They look like a hungry, most of them are slim. I realize that is the answer why we chose this community.

Then Madam Elizabeth one of the Teacher of the Practical Nursing took Lolito M. Raza Jr. and I to be the Masters of Ceremony. I feel so nervous, the earth seems shaking… but I and Lolito accept the request.

The program was started by an Invocation lead by Mrs. Vanessa San Pedro and followed immediately by Singing of the National Anthem conducted by Ms. Charmaine Alicaycay. After the singing the National Anthem Madam Elizabeth delivered her Welcome address.

And when the program finally started the Health care seminar was started. The speakers are the PN students. They interact with the children in the community and the children’s are very active in participating activities. I’m proud that I was there handling the microphone, entertaining, assisting and working hard just to accomplish the activity.

Then the children’s feel hungry, and then the committee on food prepares and distributes the food. The ratio of distribution of feeding is: every NSTP2 student of AMACC is to one child. At the very first I said to my self that “It is an easy task” but during the feeding I really don’t know what to do. I’m confident to feed the child but I afraid… then after a seconds the child took to me “Kuya kain tayo!” then I go with her and I feed her. While the feeding program is on going I feel the essence why we did this, I saw a lot of smiles, a lot of eyes that showing their thankful.

After the feeding Program, the Health care Program was continued, the PN students teaches the Children’s the correct Oral hygiene. We gave tooth brush to every children of the community. The same ratio was done; I help the child ho to clean his teeth. He follows what is my instruction, he asked if has a question and we share our tie happily.

After oral hygiene another part of the Health care seminar was done, we children’s quietly listen to their Ateh and Kuyas.

3:00 pm we feel that the children’s get bored so as the MC’s we did our responsibility to make the program alive. I’m so shock because they are so active and I can’t go with the level of their energy. And yes we made it

At exactly 4:30 pm the activity was done, like what they say, if there is beginning there is ending; so that if there is preparation there is also a restoration… we cleaned the area that we used… we put things in order.

While we are having our Miryenda I am really tired but when I remember the little time that we share to the children is a more momentous and pleasurable than to stay on Internet shop, playing Online games.

PICTORIALS:





this photo shows the preparetion of foods during the Feeding program helad at Brgy. Malvar.
















the second photo shows that I was really there, and it shows the children that I help during the Feeding program.




No comments:

Post a Comment