Thursday, March 5, 2009

AMAer contibutes to heal the world

Wasted
-Eric A. QuiƱones

When the flowers are opening
The green leaves are waiving
And when the sun is rising
The birds are flying

But now you can’t see
Those birds staying on the tree
Those flowers that blooms everywhere
Now seldom you see them anywhere

One day when I was singing
There is a voice who is calling
And when I heard it, I was wondering
Where is that voice coming?

And I found out, Mother Earth is calling
Destruction she’s now facing
She needs some curing
Because she’s now suffering

Now I realized the time I wasted
Environmental problems I should have prevented
Those times I was sitting and daydreaming
I should have used them for tree planting

That poem that I wrote during my high school days is relevant on the things happened on our life. As we can see the atmosphere is now changing and Global warming is alarming. And I am proud that another pleasurable time is down to Earth through the NSTP2 and the DENR.





“Mission Accomplished… “What a nice words that I heard from my National Service Training Program Instructor followed by heart whelming words “Good Job …” “Very Good”
“Amazing AMAer” “fabulous performance” those words from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) officers and Representatives make me happy. At that time and on that moment I really don’t know what I would say… and what would I do…? But aside from those successes Indicator, I made another milestone in my life which is helping mother Earth.

Sagip Likas-Yaman “a tree planting program” conducted at Cordon, Isabela with the supervision and full support of the DENR l
ast February 28, 2009. We arrived at meeting place exactly 08:00 am, we assembled our Tree guards. A thing that we don’t usually made. At the very first it’s hard there is a time that I want to quit doing the tree guard but I can’t because it’s a mandatory to have tree guard. I don’t mined how hard it is, what I did is to hold the hammer continue what I have started. While everyone is busy in making their Tree guard I noticed that “if you really have the

Determination you can go with your goal”. I did my best to come up and Yes, I made it!
At exactly 09:30 am The DENR officer discussed to use what are things to remember in planting the seedlings. They discussed to us what the proper ways in handling the
seedling is and how deep is the hole we need to dig.
After instructions from the DENR representatives, we set our selves; we prepare our materials such as digging tools, watering too
ls and our tree guard. Even though that the weather is sot hot the spirit of the AMAers remain. We walk and carry our things, and at that time the thing that only I can say is “oh my God ang hirap ang bigat-bigat” but I stride to fulfill and to finish what I have started and no doubt I made it!
Around 10:30-11:00 am tree planting started. With smile in my face I dig a hole together with co-AMAers. And while we are digging holes the DENR Representatives are rounding to see our work, to supervise us and to check if we are following their Instructions. That was the happiest moment of the Tree planting because most of us are not exposed on the work. We just laugh and laugh because of our ignorance. After those things I am so happy because I made the task correctly. Then the last part is to water the plants and another nice experience was done.
We finished the activity around 12:00-12:30 and during the Interview that we conducted from the DENR I have quoted one thing from them “The planting of Trees is not the end of Tree planting activity but it is just the beginnin
g of it…” and according to them they will proposed a Memorandum of Agreement between AMACC Santiago and DENR for continuation of Tree Planting.
I’m so happy not only because of
grades, but I am a part of it. I am not just happy because I’m a part of it but I am one of the Organizers of it. I am happy because I am one of the Organizers of it, but it is done successfully. I am not only happy because it is done successfully but the thing that made me happy is We help to heal the world and to make it a better place.























No comments:

Post a Comment